There are 30 birds in the list below.
1. American Oystercatcher,5/19/1998,Estero Morua
2. Ash-throated Flycatcher,5/19/1998,Estero Morua,I think! This was out back of the dunes where there is some brush and old dead trees.
3. Black-bellied Plover,5/19/1998,Estero Morua, Most with winter plumage but a couple with summer.
4. Black-necked Stilt,5/19/1998,Estero Morua,These were flying in a flock up in the sky over the mud flats.
5. Brown Pelican,5/19/1998,Estero Morua
6. Common Loon,5/19/1998,Estero Morua,This exotic animal would raise itself out of the water its wings held high.
7. Common Raven,5/19/1998,Estero Morua
8. Common Tern,5/19/1998,Estero Morua,Black wingtips and the correctly colored bill.
9. Eared Grebe,5/19/1998,Estero Morua,Maybe????
10. Great Blue Heron,5/19/1998,Estero Morua
11. Great-tailed Grackle,5/19/1998,Estero Morua
12. Least Tern,5/19/1998,Estero Morua,These terns are nesting on the point I believe. They dive in the water and come up with minnows. One got a minnow and gave it to another tern that was on the ground.
13. Lesser Nighthawk,5/19/1998,Estero Morua,Behind the dunes two mornings running. Flying close to the ground.
14. Loggerhead Shrike,5/19/1998,Estero Morua,Quite a lot of these.
15. Long-billed Curlew,5/19/1998,Estero Morua
16. Marbled Godwit,5/19/1998,Estero Morua
17. Mourning Dove,5/19/1998,Estero Morua
18. Northern Mockingbird,5/19/1998,Estero Morua
19. Osprey,5/19/1998,Estero Morua
20. Red-breasted Merganser,5/19/1998,Estero Morua,Lots of these floating around. Mostly females.
21. Sanderling,5/19/1998,Estero Morua
22. Say's Phoebe,5/19/1998,Estero Morua
23. Snowy Egret,5/19/1998,Estero Morua,We had to walk well past the house at Stingray Bay to see this one. It was in a pool with some other birds. Apparently there was chow in the pool. Yellow feet natch.
24. Spotted Sandpiper,5/19/1998,Estero Morua
25. Turkey Vulture,5/19/1998,Estero Morua,One landed on the beach with a gull. Lots of these on the way. One flew low around the houses a lot.
26. Western Gull,5/19/1998,Estero Morua
27. Whimbrel,5/19/1998,Estero Morua,Dig that whimbrel man!
28. Willet,5/19/1998,Estero Morua, Lots of willets.
29. Wilson's Plover,5/19/1998,Estero Morua, Lots of these guys around if you look.
30. Burrowing Owl,05/19/1998,Generic Highway,This was a trip I took to Estero Morua Mexico just with Noodles. On the way down I wrote this note about a burrowing owl: This bird was on a post between Ak Chin and Pete's Corner. A Coyote Crossed the road.