There are 23 birds in the list below.
1. Eared Grebe,5/24/1979,Estero Morua,Took walk to estero tide going out. There were 2 summer plumage eared grebes (just about the first of the year) very lonely otherwise except for LBC WP BBP Lst Tern.
2. Common Raven,5/24/1979,Estero Morua,Two ravens (amer. R.) on Daley's water tank creaking (croaking? tc) + our old friends the phoebe.
3. Osprey,5/24/1979,Estero Morua,No osprey except for one flying east 26th May
4. Brown Pelican,5/24/1979,Estero Morua,3-400
5. Double-Crested Cormorant,5/24/1979,Estero Morua,2 or 3
6. Great Blue Heron,5/24/1979,Estero Morua
7. Wilson's Plover,5/24/1979,Estero Morua
8. Black-bellied Plover,5/24/1979,Estero Morua,winter plumage
9. Long-billed Curlew,5/24/1979,Estero Morua,1
10. Western Gull,5/24/1979,Estero Morua,immature 31 flew wet over water
11. Say's Phoebe,5/24/1979,Estero Morua,active
12. Loggerhead Shrike,5/24/1979,Estero Morua,young
13. Burrowing Owl,5/24/1979,Estero Morua
14. Least Tern,5/24/1979,Estero Morua
15. Whimbrel,5/24/1979,Estero Morua,4 whimbrels
16. Marbled Godwit,5/24/1979,Estero Morua,1
17. American Oystercatcher,5/24/1979,Estero Morua,2 oystercatchers on point
18. Greater Roadrunner,5/24/1979,Estero Morua,at house
19. Horned Lark,5/24/1979,Estero Morua,Horned Larks flew over
20. House Sparrow,5/24/1979,Estero Morua
21. Le Conte's Thrasher,5/24/1979,Estero Morua
22. Great-tailed Grackle,5/24/1979,Estero Morua
23. Western Meadowlark,5/24/1979,Estero Morua