There are 24 birds in the list below.
1. American Kestrel,06/24/2002,Estero Morua,Saw these driving out. They were Gigantic.
2. American Oystercatcher,06/24/2002,Estero Morua,He was alone! Alone again. I never saw a pair this trip. Weird.
3. Brown Pelican,06/24/2002,Estero Morua
4. Cliff Swallow,06/24/2002,Estero Morua,Saw these driving out.
5. Forster's Tern,06/24/2002,Estero Morua
6. Gambel's Quail,06/24/2002,Estero Morua
7. Generic Sparrow,06/24/2002,Estero Morua,Large and on the rocks at the estuary. Light breast streaking. Pattern on face like lark sparrow but washed out. No white on tail. Pink legs. No notch on tail that I could see. Beak large and part yellowish. Brownish or coffee color. Savannah Sparrow??? Also it runs. And it flies a short distance and alights again and looks at you.
8. Great Blue Heron,06/24/2002,Estero Morua
9. Great Egret,06/24/2002,Estero Morua
10. Great-tailed Grackle,06/24/2002,Estero Morua
11. Greater Yellowlegs,06/24/2002,Estero Morua
12. Least Tern,06/24/2002,Estero Morua
13. Loggerhead Shrike,06/24/2002,Estero Morua
14. Long-billed Curlew,06/24/2002,Estero Morua,Flying overhead as we arrived. There were a lot of these here.
15. Mourning Dove,06/24/2002,Estero Morua
16. Northern Rough-winged Swallow,06/24/2002,Estero Morua,Three on a skagg where the Mexican's houses used to be. There were tanks underground there.
17. Osprey,06/24/2002,Estero Morua,Sitting on the badminton net by the party area. Others were perched on posts and things.
18. Rock Dove,06/24/2002,Estero Morua,It has been spotted and it spots too! Yuck yuck.
19. Say's Phoebe,06/24/2002,Estero Morua,As usual.
20. Snowy Egret,06/24/2002,Estero Morua
21. Turkey Vulture,06/24/2002,Estero Morua
22. Western Gull,06/24/2002,Estero Morua
23. Whimbrel,06/24/2002,Estero Morua,I guess this was him. He was so much smaller than the curlews and had that shorter and bent bill.
24. Willet,06/24/2002,Estero Morua,Two. They didn't fly.